FOCA - Tool To Find Metadata And Hidden Information In The DocumentsFOCA (Fingerprinting Organizations with Collected Archives)
FOCA is a tool used mainly to find metadata and hidden information in the documents it scans
. These documents may be on web pages, and can be downloaded and analysed with FOCA.
It is capable of analysing a wide variety of documents, with the most common being Microsoft Office
, Open Office
, or PDF
files, although it also analyses Adobe InDesign or SVG files, for instance.
These documents are searched for using three possible search engines: Google
, and DuckDuckGo
. The sum of the results from the three engines amounts to a lot of documents. It is also possible to add local files to extract the EXIF information
from graphic files, and a complete analysis
of the information discovered through the URL is conducted even before downloading the file.Releases
our latest releases.Requisites
To run the solution locally the system will need:
- Microsoft Windows (64 bits). Versions 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 or greater.
- An instance of SQL Server 2014 or greater.
- When starting the app the system will check if there is a SQL Server instance available. If none is found, the system will prompt a window for introducing a connection string.
Get the news about our latest doings and send us a message.Further reading
Source: FOCA - Tool To Find Metadata And Hidden Information In The Documents